Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tutorials,Tech Issues and Twitter (or I Shouldn't Post When I'm Sick and Overtired)

Currently, I'm pretty sick, but I've been playing around on the laptop anyway, and I'm getting the ground work together for photo tutorials on Crochet Pages. They would most likely just link from the crochet dictionary, but I'm considering also linking to them from the patterns that refer to them. It's a much bigger undertaking, but I like the comprehensive feel that it has. Like something that I've been missing is finally falling into place.

With that said, I've put out a cry for help to my close personal friends to try and round up a crew to move a little bit of furniture for me and get my studio at least partially set up. Once that's done, I just need Dan to get the router working and Crochet Pages should be photo city! Even with out the router, I will be putting serious effort into getting the missing photos posted.

The lack of picture-age has always been a thorn in my side, because I know a lot of people don't give my patterns a second look because I'm missing pictures for a lot of them, and I think the site could be great, when I get them all caught up and filled in.

I'm exhausted, but my post nasal drip has flared up again and since I can't sleep like that I'm probably going to look into posting my Twitter to Crochet Pages.

All technical problems aside (router, getting sick, etc.) I'm really looking forward to having not just a workspace, but a computer workspace right next to all my craft supplies. I know it will take some time to get it all put together, but I'll be glad when I have everything handy and organized. And I know Carl will be glad to not have to worry about sitting on yarn, or hooks and needles.

No comments: