Monday, June 18, 2007

So, um, Dan's an ass, but he's helping us fix our house.

Bless his heart, I love the guy, but last night, our friend Dan came over to look at some stuff around our house, because he's going to help us fix up some stuff. But then he goes and says, "hey, you should move to Lebanon with us." And I said "what, are you nuts? I can't do that!" He looked right at me and said "Why not?"

So now I'm all worked up because as crazy as it all sounded at first, the more I'm thinking that it kinda makes sense. Not too move out there to be near them, but the idea of at least considering that area when we decide to sell the house we're in.

*sigh* This house has so much history for us and so much of it was bad and it really bums me out anymore. I think that maybe, if there's any cash left on our giftcard after all the plumbing stuff, I'll buy the yellow paint we've been wanting for the living room. Jen's red paint has to go. It depresses me. Carl calls it "Satan's whorehouse red" cause it looks like the walls are painted with the blood of sacrificed virgins.

But, the garden is going well, and I'm getting a chance to give some of the plants away which is great. Tomatoes for Sonja and maybe Julie, spearmint for Katherine and Kathy, mums for Katherine and Julie - yay! Oh, and I planted the chocolate mint plant I bought at Somerset in the yard 'cause it wasn't doing very well in the 3rd floor. *sigh again* Almost all of my herbs have died.

I'm wondering if I can pull up some of the busted concrete by the back steps and start a kitchen garden. Might be more than I'm bargaining for, but I think I might try anyway. Need to get a hose reel or a hook or something, though, if I do that.

Decided to get the $2/month membership to Slime Forest, but I'm gonna see if Carl will do it through his paypal account for me. I don't have one and don't want to set it up.

Working on a crocheted Domokun (a Japanese TV character) . It was tricky to figure out how to get the body to be a cube, but now that I figured it out, I think it will be cute. I'll post pics when it's done.

Need to finish Marty and Dee's afghan and then Dan's Bender doll. I need to study armature a bit before I finish Bender, so I kinda put him to the side for a while. Still debating if I want to make Frye to go with him. (hee, would you like Frye with that?!)

Oh, and I found an awesome webcomic. Check it out. It's called Questionable Content and it's crazy funny, but not for kids.

*sigh* It's late. Off to bed. Have to get up for my walk before work.

Age

No comments: