Monday, June 23, 2008

Knights who say "knee"

So I went to the orthopedic this morning, and it looks like I'll be spending yet another summer in a neoprene brace. Yay. I'm radiating excitement, can you tell?

Anyway, good news is, he doesn't think at this point that I'll need surgery, bad news is he does think I need physical therapy, and surgery isn't completely ruled out. I have therapy for my knee when I was in college and it went really badly. My knee was actually worse after 6 weeks. Needless to say, it left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not feeling very optimistic right now.

I didn't get any solid answers, really. My kneecap is dislocated, which I knew, he didn't mention the cyst at all and honestly, I'm afraid this will turn into a very expensive case of "I could've done that myself."

I know a lot of then negativity is based on bad past experience and the fact that I'm overtired and frustrated, but I've already racked up 2 doctor visits, an MRI, a set of Xrays, and a prescription brace. Not to mention the ice packs I had to buy. Or the fact that I'm still in follow-ups from the asthma attack I had last month.

*sigh* Oh, well. One day at a time, right?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Very cute title. :-p I got your message you left me. I'm sure this time the p/t will go better. :-)