Thursday, August 9, 2007

what is wrong with people?(part 3)

Ok, so a few months ago, I went to Exton (which is like 45 miles away, but takes like 2 hours to get there) to meet with Dave and Julie about their wedding flowers. We picked out all kinds of stuff, they told me how many corsages and stuff they needed and I bought the stuff to make the flower girl's basket and get started a little.

Then they called me to tell me now to bother because he mom didn't want them to use silks, because it would look tacky and because she had wanted to take care of the florist for them and because whatever.

But they still wanted me to do their centerpieces.

Then they called me to tell me that they found really cool candle holders or something and they were gonna use that for centerpieces instead and sorry for the troube.

But could I still do smallish teardrop arrangements with bows that they could tie on the pillars in the church.

Then they called to say, nevermind we don't want arrrangements on the pillars because the church requires any altar flowers to be live flowers and that they be donated for the next day's worship service and they thought that some silks and so live would look funny.

But if they needed anything else, they'd let me know.

So....

Now it's 3 weeks before the wedding.

Then they called me to tell me that her mother can't find a florist in their price range who's willing to do a wedding on such short notice.

So will I still do their flowers?

And the best part! They still don't have an organist for the ceremony.

In other words, if there are no patterns posted in the next month or so it's because I'm apparently rescuing a wedding. Something which I am completely unqualified to do, but has become my job because I apparently have a knack for floral design.

No comments: