Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Technical Issues

So, the laptop apparently has a design flaw where the jack for the power cord is soldered directly to the motherboard. It's been going bad (ie coming loose) for quite some time now, but the other day with no warning, it broke completely. As a result, once the battery goes dead, I can no longer use the laptop until we get it fixed. Oh, did I mention, it's out of warranty.

The guy who usually fixes that kind of stuff for us probably won't touch it, apparently it's attached to some very intimate parts of the board circuitry and could destroy the motherboard if not done right.

What this means:

Site updates are on hold for a while. All of the most current versions of the files live on the laptop, including a couple that I didn't get the chance to back up. We do have another computer I can use, but it'll be a while before I can either get the files pulled off the hard drive on the Dell or get them downloaded from Tripod so I can keep working.

Yes, I'm on vacation this week. That doesn't mean there aren't a million things that have been getting put off that I need to handle.

No comments: