Friday, January 18, 2008

I'll admit it.

I never wanted to put myself in the position of needing to dye my hair, but I'll admit it, it happened today. I had dyed my hair a great shade of dark red brown. For fun, I was on vacation and got bored.

But I let it grow out really badly, like since early October. So today, when I got my hair cut, also after letting it go, really badly, at first I was thinking it looked really good. Then it dried. (I always airdry, the blow dryer does scary things to my hair.)

Then I got a really good look at my hair. Dark brown in the back, dark brown with some gray at my temples and my roots and funky red streaks throughout. But only on top. Where it's longer.

I look like a middle aged housewife trying to relive her teens.

So I had to dye my hair. To get rid of the rest of the red.

So here I sit, reeking to high heaven while I wait for the color to develop. I've never had dye that stank this bad and it even has an aromatic additive. My eyes were watering putting it on my hair. Can't wait to rinse out. I'll twitter how it turns out.

And hopefully, I'll never have to dye again. This should grow out ok.

No comments: