Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Yay! Pictures!

So, Sarah stopped by and finally remembered to bring the camera with her. So, in no particular order, here are the dolls I've been working on this year that haven't already been posted. I warn you, I'm kinda prolific.


This is Domokun. As cute as he is, unfortunately, there will not be a pattern appearing on Age's Crochet Pages as he is a licensed monster and I do not of have copyright permissions.


This is the girl version of the Dammit Doll. Her pattern is already on the website, this is simply a pic of the new sample which will be getting posted to the proper pages shortly. This is the only doll in this batch which has a posted pattern.

**edit** Her picture is now posted to Age's Crochet Pages. **edit**



This piggy was made at Dan's request. Hopefully the pattern will be posted before long, with a slight modification to the tail. On this one the tail is needle tatted.



These lovely ladies are my kitchen dolls. Red dress is a bag holder. The blue and green ones are currently sitting on very tiny display shelves, hence the floating look. The green ones short sleeves were originally intended for her hands to be stitched together to hold a towel and the blue one was supposed to sit with a soap dish in her lap. I love them so much and I'm afraid of ruining them, so they've ended up on shelves and out of the way of my cooking messes.

The pattern for these three may eventually get posted to the site, I haven't decided yet. It's really long.



This is my simplified version of the Kadoma from Princess Mononoke, complete with his own cherry branch to perch on. He is not fastened in any way, he really just does balance that well. In case you are not familiar with the story Princess Mononoke is one of Hiyao Miyazaki's films. The Kadoma were trees spirits who granted passage into the forest when asked nicely, but didn't contribute much to the action other than looking on with curiosity.



Lastly and possibly leastly, are my "girls." They are basically three dimensional doodles based around three things.
1) I really wanted to make a doll wearing Chuck Taylors.
2) I really wanted an excuse to give a doll a burgundy streak in her hair.
3) I couldn't think of any other way to combine girly pink with camo.

Thanks for reading,
Age

No comments: