Monday, July 23, 2007

Guess we're not painting after all. Ooh, oh yeah, new patterns!

So, Jess is coming up today, and she was supposed to help me paint over the hideous red paint in the living room. But it's raining. So the paint will take forever to dry. Now in fairness, the red wouldn't be so bad if say, it was a slightly lighter shade, or if it didn't make my living room look like a blood spattered cave, or it we hadn't had to sponge paint to disguise the fact that the paint was bad and Jenn and Joe (idiots they are) didn't believe me and wouldn't let us return it. It was watery, and took like 5 coats.

Although that may have been because the genius in the paint department at Home Depot the day we bought the paint sold us the wrong primer. Joe made the mistake of saying the walls were painted plaster and the clerk went on a quest to find primer for plaster. Unfortunately, we didn't actually need primer at all, let alone the primer for "uncured plaster or unsealed wall board" that they sold us.

But, I only worked in the paint department somewhere, what do I know. I tried to tell them we didn't need primer, let alone the wrong kind and I tried to tell them there was something wrong with the paint, but Carl was the only one who would listen and they thought he was "just siding with his woman so she doesn't feel bad."

Ye Gods! but I hate those people. (Not Carl, I mean Jenn, Joe, and Ryan)

At any rate, we're going to at least prep for painting today, so maybe sometime this week I can start making it so that my living room doesn't depress me anymore.

*****

Ooh, here's the important/non-rant part. Two new patterns on Age's Crochet Pages!
Flying Piggy
Courage Bear (does not have a photo yet)

*****


And now, back to the rant. Just kidding, I forgot what else I was gonna say.

Thanks for reading,
Age

No comments: