Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Photo Journal: Snowbird

As soon as I figure out where I misplaced my notes too, I'll be typing up the pattern for you all!


Day 1: Not a great shot, but the body is basically done. Two strands of worsted held together, white Red Heart and Vanna's Choice Linen. Need to pick up Poly-Fil and some more of the taupe-y colored yarn tomorrow.



Day 2: Body is stuffed and finished. A good start on the head.



Day 3. Head is finished and sewn on/stuffed. Added wings and tail. Still a lot to do, but he's taken shape pretty well. Finally convinced my sister that it's not an albino pig.



Day 4. Nearly finished now. Beak and feet have been added. Hat is done. Need to decide on eyes and whether he gets any hair under that hat. Distinctly NOT A PIG!



Finally got some eyes on the chubby little bugger. You wouldn't believe how I agonized over how to do them, especially considering that they're half hidden by the hat. I wanted crocheted eyes so badly, but I couldn't get it to work out. I ended up with 28mm wigglies.


No comments: