Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wizards, transfers and other stuff



So I finished the last wizard! Yay! Carl's excited.



This is how they're going to be laid out in the frame, although you have to use your imagination a little bit because they're not mounted or anything yet. They're going to be individually mounted and then floated behind a raised multi opening mat.

***

In other news, I'm going to be transferred to another store, starting next week. I'm actually working there on Friday, but I still have another shift where I'm at before the transfer is actually official. It's a lateral move - more of a step to the left than anything - same job, different building, basically. Smaller volume frameshop, bigger sales department.

Also, I'll be closer to home at the new location, so I'll have a much shorter drive, and once the weather is nice, I'll probably even start walking to work, so I can get in shape for the hike we want to take in May.

***

In still other news, I've been getting some emails about my website again lately, which I still haven't had the time to really do anything with (Sorry!), and I should be able to get to all of that tomorrow. ***edit*** I haven't been feeling well and haven't gotten much of anything done the last couple of days. I'm hoping to catch up a little in the next few days ***2/23/08***

Once I'm settled at the new job, I plan on getting my studio put together and then putting some serious time into the Crochet Pages site and getting the missing pictures taken care of, and getting some new patterns up. I may also put a little store page up for print and/or .PDF versions of some of the longer, more printer intensive patterns.

While on one hand, I really like the idea of providing all my patterns for free, there is the part of me that says "making a couple extra bucks toward art supplies wouldn't be a bad thing." What this will mean for you, well nothing's definite yet, but I'm thinking that it would mean that I'll be able to share the more difficult doll patterns without feeling like I'm short-changing myself.

The additional time investment combined with my new digital camera would mean more photos sooner! I am also considering starting the mystery stitch along back up and possibly trying to get an exchange up and running.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those little wizards are just too freakin' cute! I can't wait to see them finished/framed!