Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I am bargain fu!

So the zipper broke on my Tuckerman today, and I was really bummed. I loved that coat, it was warm and comfy and had tons of pockets and I got a really good deal.

So we went to LL Bean. And the guy was like, ok, since you don't have your receipt what we're gonna have to give you what it's scanning for now and it might not be for much since it's from last year.

And I said, well, ok. I guess not much is better than a coat I can't wear.

So he looked it up, and it actually came up for more than I paid for it, by $30. So that's good.

Except that the same coat is selling for $179 which is $60 more than I got back. Damn.

So I got a different coat, which isn't rated for quite as cold as the Tuckerman, but what business do I have being outside when it's 35 below anyway. And this coat was only $89.

So I got gloves. And figured I had about $10 left. So I went to check out.

I had $11.45 left on the return card. And even better, I got a $10 gift card for spending more than $50.

Woohoo!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Bargain fu -- I love it!