Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Projects moving along!

The short story is going well. Added three more sections tonight. (I hesitate to call them chapters even though I'm numbering them that way, because it's only 12 pages so far.) As Dave said, conflict drives a story and so far I've got the antagonizer (yes, I meant it that way, I know the correct term is antagonist.) introduced and I'm working on setting up our dear narrating main character for her downfall. I'm know, I'm evil. I don't think this is going to have an entirely happy ending.

Her biggest conflict is in her own head and I don't believe that I am a skilled enough writer to be able to carry a story long enough to solve that one.

I'm thinking that since it's not likely to be economical to print this thing. I certainly can't ask anyone to spend $8 on what's likely to turn out to be about 20-25 pages and actually, in good conscience, expect them to pay for it.

Also, the living room is coming along nicely. Slowly, but nicely. I didn't get much done tonight, but that's because I was making soup out of the over-abundance of green tomatoes that I brought in the other afternoon.

The baby afghan is nearly done. I just have to finish the border. Yay!

Still brainstorming on the set of patterns to go along with the little bunny and the puppy. For some reason I feel like it needs to be a set of 6 or so, related but different patterns.

I need to think of something to do for work for Christmas. I made candy cane reindeer last year and I want to do something for everybody again, but I don't want to do the same thing, because there's so many people who are still here from last year. I was debating Hershey kiss angels, but I'm afraid that they might be too time consuming and expensive. Candy cane mice would be cheap, they're tedious. I'm looking for something with only a couple quick steps. Sigh.

Oh, well. I guess I'll come up with something eventually.

No comments: