Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sock it to Me!

A sock making tutorial, finally. From the top down.

Knit in the round for desired cuff length in desired pattern.

Heel:
Knit halfway around your sock, turn, slip one stitch knitwise, purl back across to second last st, turn, slip one stitch knitwise, knit back across to 2nd last stitch of previous Row. Continue in the pattern, working one less stitch each time, until approximately 6 stitches remain.

Starting next row, work on more stitch each row until you've worked 1 stitch past first row of heel.

Foot:
work in desired desired pattern until foot comes up to base of toes.

Toe: knit 1, knit 2 together, knit until 3 stitches short of halfway point, knit 2 together, knit 2, knit 2 together, knit across until 3 stitches remain, knit 2 together, knit 1

repeat until 6-12 stitches remain (depending on weight of yarn - less stitches for thicker yarn), sew toe closed and finish off.


2 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Adrienne,

I’m one of the editors with AllFreeCrochet.com and FaveCrafts.com and I wanted to let you know I linked to your pattern. You can see it at http://www.allfreecrochet.com/St-Patricks-Day-Crochet/4-Leaf-Clover-Doily I absolutely love this doily; it’s gorgeous!

I just love this pattern so much and I know our readers will love it too. I was hoping you would give us permission to feature this pattern in an upcoming newsletter on St. Patrick’s Day patterns? Again, I know our readers will love it and it will help bring traffic to your site.

I tried emailing you twice but it kept bouncing back.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!

Christine

Age said...

Christine- Ordinarily, I prefer that links are to my main page or my links list, but this has been done in a very classy manner! Thanks so much, and yes, please do feature it. It's such an honor.

I apologize about the email issue, try agecrochet@gmail.com in the future.