Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ballerina was a hit

So, the ballerina pixie was a huge hit. Lin's father just passed away and she's going through a rough time. If you've been following this blog, you know that I lost my step-dad last December, so I certainly understand what she's going through. One thing that has stuck with me from that, is there's nothing that you can say that actually what the person needs to hear. All you can do is let them know you care and be there if they need you.

So, to that end, I made that ballerina pixie for Lin, because she used to be a dancer. And it had the exact effect that I was hoping for. I meant a ton to her that I cared enough to make her something, and most importantly, she hasn't been able to look at it even once without getting a laugh from it, which is really what I was aiming for. When you're going through a hard time, I think the best thing someone can do for you is give you a reason to keep laughing.

I know I've been promising pics of the pixies for days now, but with my camera on the fritz, it's unfortunately gotten to be somewhat unpredictable when I'll have access to one.

I think, though, that I've hit on what the pixies are really about to me. They're quick, they're easy to personalize and they're a great way to share a little love. Plus, you finally have something to do with at least a few of the damn grocery bags that everybody has too many of.

No comments: