Thursday, May 31, 2007

So, what have I been doing lately?

These are some of my more recent photos. You may find I'm a little erratic about posting news photos, this is because I don't actually own (believe it or not) a digital camera. Which means I have to pest Sarah to bring hers over and then wait for her to send me the pics.

Dave's Birthday Present


For those of you who don't recognize this guy, he is a Traxxian. Specifically, Pinefresh Kitty-Litter. Yes, he has 4 arms, and yes, they are poseable. Traxxians are a playable race from the RPG Orbit. (We're also gamer geeks around here.)

(btw, from left - my husband, Carl; me; our friend Dave)

This particular Traxxian was actually an NPC (non-player character) in our orbit campaign. He was the head engineer on the spaceship we were traveling on - hence the overalls and flannel grease rag in his pocket.



Dave enjoyed playing the character for us and it was a big plot point in our game, so I made this as a birthday present for him back in March. (If you look closely in the background, the partially finished Chthulu is hanging out in a shoe box.)




Baby Booties



The baby's name is Ava Grace. She's the daughter of a friend of a friend, which is silly, but she's also the only baby girl I have access to as a model. The booties are crocheted as one piece, socks attached and are basically a slightly oversized version of the shoes I sometimes use for my dolls.



Chthulu


Chthulu is one of the "Great Elder Gods" who was written about by H. P. Lovecraft, followed by many others. The legend is that Chthulu is a god who preceeded humanity and now is slumbering beneath the ocean. Presumably, one day Chthulu will awaken and rise up from the depths. Probably, he'll eat us. Not because he's evil, more likely just because he can. Or he might not.


This much more cuddly version is a crocheted copy of a plush Chthulu my husband purchased a number of years ago. He has red button eyes and armature wire in his wings to support them and make them poseable.

No comments: